Friday, March 16, 2012

Ballantine Beer Clocks

Has anybody noticed the prices on Ballantine beer clocks lately? Wow! Sure, bar clocks have always been a hot item amongst breweriana collectors, but it seems in the past 2 months or so this particular clock is commanding some fairly hefty cash.

I love the Ballantine clocks, and have more than a few myself in the beer room. I'm almost tempted to list a few and see what happens.

Vintage 1963 Pam Lighted Clock Ballantine Beer 15x15
 I have one square red one, just the pictured here, that I won't part with as it is in pristine condition and it just looks so good hanging over my bar in the dimly lit room.

some of the other ones however, I could probably part with if it means making a profit and thus allowing me to feed my collecting addiction even more!

P. Ballantine & Sons Blue Bar Clock
 It's the square ones, the 15 x 15 inch size, that are getting all the attention lately. Just goes to show you how this crazy hobby can trend from one extreme to the other. Less than a year ago I recall these very same Ballantine bar clocks, in similar condition, going for less than $50 almost daily. Now I'm seeing $75-$125!

1 comments:

I realize I'm writing you six years after you posted this. But that clock just above is the exact clock I've had for 20 years and just broke this morning. (It, and my heart). Just writing on the wild wild chance that you still have it/will sell it/know where to get one, etc. I'm Guinevere.

Post a Comment